Halloween can be fun and festive for people, but for pets it can also be dangerous. There are many Halloween pet safety hazards that are well-known (such as chocolate toxicity) and some that are not (like xylitol toxicity). Here are some tips to help you ensure that your pet has a happy and safe Halloween.
Things to Watch For on Halloween
Halloween is fun for kids and adults, but it can be scary and stressful for pets.
- A constant ringing doorbell & strangely dressed people at the door can be stressfulfor a pet. Some pets may experience diarrhea or even injure themselves if crated/ contained. Consider keeping your pet in a separate quiet room, away from the door, when trick-or-treaters arrive. Strange people in even stranger clothes can frighten some pets.
- Strangers in Costume may provoke an otherwise friendly pet into unexpectedly aggressive or fearful behavior.
- Pumpkins or candles within a pet’s range are a fire hazard. Wagging tails and frightened cats zipping through the house can easily knock over a lit pumpkin and cause a fire.
- Keep your pets indoors. Halloween pranks committed against pets can be vicious, and black cats are particularly at risk. Also, make sure that your pet doesn't run out of your home when you answer the door. In case your pet does escape, make sure it is wearing proper identification. Pets with identification are much more likely to be returned.
- Halloween treats are for people, not pets. Be sure to warn children not to share their treats with pets. Candy wrappers and lollipop sticks can be hazardous if swallowed and chocolate is poisonous for some types of pets.Candy Concerns Candies, gum, mints, baked goods and chocolate containing the “sugar-free” sweetener Xylitol are highly toxic, causing rapid hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and liver failure in dogs and possibly other species (ferrets).
Chocolate is also toxic to pets. A 50-pound dog would have to eat about 50 ounces of milkchocolate (but only 5 ounces of baking chocolate) for a toxic dose, but much smaller amounts can cause vomiting and diarrhea. Signs of chocolate toxicity: tremors, nerv- ousness, vomiting, diarrhea, increased heart rate, and in severe cases, seizures anddeath. If you suspect your pet has eaten chocolate, contact your veterinarian.
Lollipop sticks and other plastic parts can cause intestinal obstruction and poten- tially rupture the intestines, which is a life-threatening emergency.Pet Costumes vs. SafetyIf you dress your pet in a costume, be sure that it doesn't interfere with the pet's ability to breathe, see, hear, move, or bark. Also, consider reflective collars/gear for pets (and people).For more information and tips about holiday safety for pets, call or visit your family veterinarian. Remember, your veterinarian is your very best source for advice on keeping your pet safe, healthy, and happy!Provided by Chicago Veterinary Medical Association
excellent post thank for sharing, i will share this
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالقطيف
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالجبيل
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بتبوك
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالخبر
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
شركة تسليك مجاري بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركة تسليك مجاري بالقطيف
شركة تسليك مجاري بالخبر
شركة تنظيف منازل بتبوك
شركة رش مبيدات بتبوك
شركة تسليك مجاري بتبوك
شركة تسليك مجاري بالباحة
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمامReplyDelete
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركة شفط بيارات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالخبر
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام
و افضل افضل شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة شفط بيارات بالرياض
تنظيف بيارات بالرياض
This is another testimony on how Chief Dr Lucky cured my HIV disease. Do you need a cure for your HIV disease? Do you want to be cured from your cancer disease? Or you want to be free from any type of disease. Kindly visit his website https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/ , he just cured my HIV disease and I’m very grateful to him, he is the only herbalist that can cure you.ReplyDelete
WhatsApp number : +2348132777335
Via Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for reading,
I just love how you explain things. Your content had made my base so strong. Keep educate people through your content me and my team at Gati Packers and Movers found this blog post is insightful with lots of amazing points.ReplyDelete
Gati Packers and Movers In Delhi
Gati Packers and Movers In Gurgaon
Gati Packers and Movers In Kolkata